WiN Ukraine operates in accordance with the goals and objectives of Women in Nuclear (WiN) Global, a worldwide non-profit organization founded in 1992, that unites, supports and encourages primarily women professionals working in the nuclear field. Men are also members of this global network.
The initiative to establish the Ukrainian branch of the global network - WiN Ukraine - arose in October 2019 during the first Ukrainian conference "Women in Nuclear Safety", held under the auspices of the Ministry of Energy of Ukraine on the basis of Kyiv Polytechnic Institute and with the support of the Swedish Regulatory Authority - SSM.
In June 2020, WiN Ukraine became a full-fledged chapter organization which got the accreditation by WiN Global. The Ukrainian chapter aims to acquire regional status.
Mission: Development and support of comprehensive cooperation among women in the nuclear field, exchange of information, knowledge and professional experience, building the scientific potential of women professionals, creating a network of business contacts.
The main goals and objectives of WiN Ukraine are as follows:
- providing analytical and advisory assistance to state and international institutions on issues related to environmental, cultural, educational, social issues of nuclear energy, radiation safety and technology, as well as promoting the development and implementation of relevant projects;
- dissemination of WiN Global values;
- implementation of the programs of youth professional mentoring;
- promoting the implementation of activities on gender equality in the nuclear sphere;
- пsupport and development of scientific potential of women - specialists in the field of nuclear energy use;
- education on the use of nuclear energy, ensuring nuclear, physical nuclear and radiation safety;
- popularization of the use of nuclear energy to meet the needs of society;
- participation in activities aimed at developing a dialogue with the public to promote information about the actual contribution of women to the development of nuclear energy, radiation safety, nuclear technologies and much more.
To achieve the above goals, WiN Ukraine will involve experts with relevant experience (see more details - in the section "Experts")
Development and support of comprehensive cooperation among women AND MEN in the nuclear field, exchange of information, knowledge and professional experience, building the scientific potential of women professionals, creating a network of business contacts.